Friday, May 9, 2014

Tiomila

This past weekend I went to Tiomila for the 1st time. I ran the last (5th) leg for Nydalen's 2nd team. This was the longest leg of the women's relay, the 1, 2 & 4th legs are of similar lengths, and the 3rd leg is shorter and unforked. I had an ok, but not excellent race (larger mistake on #6) and a few other areas where I was unsure.
I also watched some of the men's relay, before getting really sleepy... There were swivelling spotlights when the lead packs came in (and a short spurt of fire on either side of the bridge they had to run over into the arena). Also, as there usually is at larger European events, there was a large screen or 2 (one can just be seen on the far left of the image below). 


1 comment:

  1. must have been an incredible experience - or are you used to Scandanavian orienteering competitions by now? Hope you are having fun in Norway!

    ReplyDelete