Friday, October 4, 2013

BC Orienteering Champs

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. My course load leaves little time for anything but homework and causes a lot of stress. I'm unable to make GVOC's weekly events and the orienteering I have done has been mistake ridden. In short, Kendra's post describes my situation all to well.

However, this weekend, I was literally under the weather. The BC Orienteering champs took place in the pouring rain. The first event, a long, was held at Thetis lake. I was surprised to find myself swimming through raindrops rather than the expected salal. Instead, the course hopped between beautiful white hill tops.
In spite of, or possibly because of the downpour, the race was the most fun I've had orienteering since JWOC.

The other race at BC champs was a delightfully tricky sprint at the University of Victoria. Take a look and decide for yourself.

The identical looking student housing might explain my trouble with 7. Maybe my problems stemmed from being a UBC student racing on the UVic campus. Either way, the sprint gave me a chance to practice my mental fortitude for the upcoming Canadian Championship.

The BC orienteering champs were a blast but I'm sure the Canadian Championships will be even better.
Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment